Scan QR
Batumi Armenian Church was first built of wood in 1873. After it was destroyed in 1885, Austrian architect Malfred rebuilt it with money donated by the community. During Soviet rule in 1930, the Batumi Armenian Church lost its presence like other churches in the city and was used as an observatory. After the observatory was transferred to a department at Batumi State University in 1992, the church was reopened for worship.