Scan QR
The Kütahya Castle, which has been used as a settlement area since ancient times, was enhanced by the walls built by the Byzantines in the 5th century and by restoration and additions by the Seljuks, Germianogolari and the Ottomans. From the inscription on the stone door it is understood that it was built before 1377-1378. There are two fountains, two mosques, a revolving casino, and a country café built in the era of the Republic. The castle is divided into three sections which are upper, inner and lower forts, and the frequently placed bastions are made of a mixture of stone cut from rubble and rows of bricks.