Scan QR
Bilecik Museum, first built in 1874 as a two-story building to be used as a gendarmerie building. The building was invaded and completely destroyed due to the occupation of Greece in 1921, and was rebuilt on the same foundation after the War of Independence. The two-story building was used for many years as a prison on the lower floor and as a courthouse on the upper floor. There are also two separate courtyards in the building, which include rooms, dormitories, cells, warehouses, and bathrooms. One yard was given to the accused and the other to the convicts. The building, which was used as a prison from the War of Independence until 1995, was restored after it was transferred to the Ministry of Culture and Tou...
Scan QR
Bilecik Museum, first built in 1874 as a two-story building to be used as a gendarmerie building. The building was invaded and completely destroyed due to the occupation of Greece in 1921, and was rebuilt on the same foundation after the War of Independence. The two-story building was used for many years as a prison on the lower floor and as a courthouse on the upper floor. There are also two separate courtyards in the building, which include rooms, dormitories, cells, warehouses, and bathrooms. One yard was given to the accused and the other to the convicts. The building, which was used as a prison from the War of Independence until 1995, was restored after it was transferred to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism in 1996 and opened as a museum in 2007.