Scan QR
Its name was first recognized in 1842 when Heinrich Kiepert found an inscription with the name Antandros on the wall of the Avcilar Village Mosque. He also climbed the Kaleici Hill and found pieces of marble and ceramic anchoring the residential area to the area. As a result of surveys conducted in 2000, systematic excavations began in 2001. All sources reported that Antandros had famous shipyards. The ancient city, which Herodotus referred to as the settlement of Pelasag, was mentioned by Virgil as the home of Phrygians.